Our Favorite Learning Quotes
1. “If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” - Ignacio Estrada
2. "Teaching is listening, learning is talking." - Deborah Meier
3. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink." - original by John Heywood
4. "Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers." - Josef Albers
5. “A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles Kettering
6. "When it comes to teaching, maybe spend a few minutes helping the students develop a thirst to learn before teaching." - iLearners
7. "Sometimes it's better to encourage the student to ask the questions themselves first before we help with the answers." - iLearners
8. “The mediocre teachers tell. The good teachers explain. The superior teachers demonstrate. The great teachers inspire.” - original by William Arthur Ward
9. “A teacher is one who makes themselves progressively unnecessary.” - original by Thomas Carruthers
10. “I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather." - Haim G. Ginott
11. “Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, teachers.” - Richard Bach
12. "No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship." - Dr. James P. Comer
13. “Behind every young child who believes in themselves is a parent who believed first.” - original by Matthew L. Jacobson
14. "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." - Frederick Douglass
15. Art of storytelling and suggestions for Teaching: “To know how to suggest is the great art of teaching. To attain it we must be able to guess what will interest; we must learn to read the childish soul as we might a piece of music. Then, by simply changing the key, we keep up the attraction and vary the song.” - Henri Frederic Amiel
16. "Everyone learns and forgets, we just need to learn how to forget less." - iLearners
17. "When we learn to teach, then not only can we teach others faster, but we can also teach ourselves anything." - iLearners
18. “People have two types of conversations, one with others and one with themselves.” - iLearners
19. Serenity Prayer: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr
20. One of our favorite poems is "If I had my child to raise over again." - Diana Loomans
- We highly recommend reading this poem. The poem highlights building self esteem first and the house later, and knowing to care more rather then caring to know more.
21. Our favorite definition of Rapport: "a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other's feelings or ideas and communicate well."
Tel: 346-275-0973 / Email: hello@iLearners.com
We love to help others on their path to success, and to help students, adults and communities thrive through education and collaboration.
For one-on-one or customized group coaching, training, and tutoring, please send us an email, call, or submit this form. Let us know your challenges, and how you'd like iLearners to help.